Hello introduction to Exploring NY Cemeteries

Welcome to Exploring NY Cemeteries. One of my favorite past times is wandering through local cemeteries and I would like to share some photos I've taken as well as some of the history that I have found. Come along and explore with me.
To start off I'm honoring Veterans for Memorial Day with photos and any information that I may have about them.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Introduction Blog Note

Since I live in central New York, most of the cemteries that I explore are in this area and especially cemeteries in Otsego, Chenango, and Delaware Counties since this is where many of my ancestral families are buried.

I have many photos from the Huguenot Cemetery in New Paltz and have been there many times.  My oldest daughter lived a block from there for many years and was married in the small church in that cemetery.  The oldest intact street in America, I loved exploring that street and cemetery.  Again, the Freer family there were ancestors.

 There are many other cemeteries that I hope to explore along the line and will share that information and my photos with you.  I'm starting off this blog with photos of servicemen's graves and photos of the men if I have them.  These are my tribute to them for Memorial Day coming up and another way of thanking them for their service to our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment