Hello introduction to Exploring NY Cemeteries

Welcome to Exploring NY Cemeteries. One of my favorite past times is wandering through local cemeteries and I would like to share some photos I've taken as well as some of the history that I have found. Come along and explore with me.
To start off I'm honoring Veterans for Memorial Day with photos and any information that I may have about them.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Lt. Tracey Wilson, Pilot, WWII, Died in Training Accident 1943


Lt. Tracey F. Wilson is buried at Mt. Hope Cemetery, Norwich, NY.
The family plot can be found at the very southern part of the cemetery.


On his enlistment for WWII, his name is Tracey F. Wilson.  He enlisted March 13, 1942 in the Air Force. 
Also, the 1930 census lists him as Tracey F. and his father as Tracey B. 
IN  DEATH  A  HERO,  AS  IN  LIFE  A  FRIEND
THE  WILSON  FAMILY MONUMENT  AT  MT.  HOPE  CEMETERY,  NORWICH,  NY.
THE  FATHER  OF TRACEY  F.  WILSON 
AND  THE  MOTHER  OF  TRACEY  F. WILSON

No comments:

Post a Comment