Hello introduction to Exploring NY Cemeteries

Welcome to Exploring NY Cemeteries. One of my favorite past times is wandering through local cemeteries and I would like to share some photos I've taken as well as some of the history that I have found. Come along and explore with me.
To start off I'm honoring Veterans for Memorial Day with photos and any information that I may have about them.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Willcox Cemetery near Earlville, NY Veterans honored.

 Willcox  Cemetery  located on the back river road between Symrna and Earlville is a small cemetery and well cared for.  It is still an active cemetery.  There are many veterans buried there including many in the McKee Family.   Below are the ones I have photos to honor.


As you will note Burton and Glendora McKee were husband and wife.
Kirk was a locally well known and honored WW I veteran.
Kirk and Stella McKee were lovely people that I knew.  They had many foster children.
Vera Alice McKee.
Robert Mesko is related to the McKee's.
Donald E. Stone was Jerry L. Stone's father.
Jerry also worked in the Chenango County Sheriff's Dept.
Headstone for Freda and Jerry Stone.  Freda was a nurse and is still living.  

No comments:

Post a Comment